Ministry urges parents to register children for new school year (0
Chief Education Officer, Grace McLean, says children entering early childhood and primary level institutions for the first time should be registered in May or June each year.
Two bodies fished from Kingston Harbour (0
Eyewitnesses say the first body, that of a teenaged boy, was discovered shortly after 10 a.m. The second body, that of a man believed to be in his twenties, was discovered just before 4 p.m.
Teachers accuse minister of taking “baccra massa” approach (0
The teachers, who met in Santa Cruz, accused the education minister of taking what they called a “baccra massa” approach to solving the country's educational problems.
PNPYO Kgn Chapter Chair to know fate (0
Suspended chairman of the Kingston Chapter of the People’s National Party Youth Organization has been temporarily relieved of his post since May 8 as the organisation probes allegations that he breach.
- Gov't, Francis Forbes ordered to pay Owen Clunie (0 Comments)
- Opposition bemoans decline in tourism figures (0 Comments)
- Ananda Alert: Jadian Robinson, 15, missing (0 Comments)
- Ocho Rios vendors protest pending increase to market fees (0 Comments)
- No to pregnant girls in regular school system – NPTAJ (0 Comments)
- JTA begins consultation on leave entitlement changes (0 Comments)
- St James, Trelawny water issues caused by turbidity levels (0 Comments)
- Tivoli Committee steps up pressure, plans London protest (0 Comments)