Attorney ordered to comply with MOCA (0
A consent order had been reached for Satterswaite to go through files taken from her office with MOCA representatives as part of a money-laundering investigation by the agency.
Gov't wants cases not tried after two years automatically dismissed (0
The Justice Minister said the move is a part of measures being pursued to help reduce the backlog of cases. He said under the law, persons are guaranteed a right to trial within a reasonable time.
Jury for non-capital murder to be reduced from 12 to 7 (0
Additionally, accused persons and the prosecution will be allowed to mutually agree to a trial by a judge in any case that would be otherwise tried by jury
Norman Allen proclaimed JTA president-elect after court ruling (0
He says he is humbled and happy to have the opportunity to be able to represent 25,000 teachers across the island and to be able to fulfill some of his campaign promises.
- Gov't considering sentencing discounts for offenders pleading guilty (0 Comments)
- CRICKET: Bonner named to Windies A Team (0 Comments)
- Court orders Gov't to pay half of legal costs in Goat Islands case (0 Comments)
- Normalcy returns after fire at Victoria Jubilee Hospital (0 Comments)
- Traffic changes for Botany Bay Sunday (0 Comments)
- Man linked to second bog walk attack under police guard in hospital (0 Comments)
- Strong police presence on Windward Road, angry residents protesting (0 Comments)
- Police deploy counselling team to Kingston 2 community (0 Comments)